Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Colors are Changing

Autumn is starting to really make a difference on campus. The leaves are changing colors even faster. It's becoming quite a sight now. As you can tell, and I hope you can, how the leaves in this gigapan are different from my last gigapan. It still looks pretty green though because of some evergreen trees, but some trees are showing a little color or lack of leaves. I think it's gorgeous. Have I told you that autumn is my favorite color? I had a guinea pig named Autumn. People thought I was weird because it was a male. Oh well, he was cute and reminded me of my favorite season.
Isn't he so cute? The alcohol and car and police uniform was all my mom's idea! Not mine! Just wanted to set that straight. 

Time for trees, I think so? Why else would you be reading this? I can't be interesting unless my guinea pig was the key seller. (I knew it!) Anyways, what do you see differently in the trees? Maybe the fact some are definitely missing some leaves. I noticed a tree I didn't identify in the background of everything. Its either a Maple or an Oak tree. In the last photo it had a nice green-yellow color to it. Now, all of its leaves have fallen off. It has a nice effect with the orange tree behind it since you are looking through its naked branches to see the other tree.

Sadly, my Southern Magnolia will forever be green. The leaves don't change unless they get yanked off from winds and plopped onto the ground. I think that qualifies for my Weeping Beech as well. The only I see between the two photos is just how the clouds overhead created a gradient effect over the entire area. See? How the tops of all the trees are darker than the bottom half? That's the clouds overhead. Even the sky is a darker blue than the first. Oh! Look at my Japanese Maples! They are red. Last time, we saw a tiny tinge of red along the edges, but now, both of the trees to be equally red. Doesn't seem like any leaves are going to falling off any time soon for my three trees, but the trees around seem to taken in the fall season spirit. I wonder why my trees aren't as either to loose their leaves as the other trees. Maybe they are still able to gather nutrients from the Earth while the others are just ready to kill their little leaf babies. Oh well, more fun for me and my friends. Its fall time and you know what that means!

Enjoy your fall weather while it lasts. It never hurts to go jumping into a pile of leaves every now and then for old child's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment